Forgiveness for Failing Grades

Grades of "F" (or any other failing grades) can be changed to "O" (no credit) if the student has either not been enrolled in any program of higher education for a period of at least three consecutive years or has honorably served in the U.S. armed services for at least two years, between the final day of the term last attended and the first day of the term they returned.

The student must also have returned to Kirkwood and:

  1. completed a term earning at least half-time credit hours and a minimum 2.0 term GPA, and
  2. have no unpaid balance for the term.

Courses with grades changed in accordance with this procedure will not satisfy graduation requirements.

Changing of grades under this procedure may only be done once and will not impact a student’s satisfactory academic progress status for financial aid.

For more information, contact:

Student Services
Third Floor Iowa Hall