To receive the maximum consideration for financial aid, students should apply as soon as the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available. An application for financial aid must be made each year. All students seeking financial aid must:
- Be enrolled or accepted in a credit diploma or degree program;
- Be seeking a degree related to the educational objective;
- Be a citizen of the United States or an eligible non-citizen;
- Have completed a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent;
- Not be in default for any previous education loans or owe a grant overpayment;
- Be making satisfactory academic progress according to Kirkwood’s published procedure; and
- Attend the classes in which they are enrolled.