Prospective students and employees may provide a preferred first name on the admissions application or employment application provided the applicant provides a social security number or other unique identifier.
Current students and employees may declare a preferred first name on MyHub.
Alumni who are not current students or employees may declare a preferred first name in the Kirkwood Foundation Office.
Preferred Name Display
Kirkwood will attempt to use the preferred name wherever possible. This list provides examples of places where preferred and legal names will be used. These lists are not exhaustive and are subject to change.
- Class Rosters
- Kirkwood email
- Degree Audit Report
- Advisee Lists
- Employee training, years of service, and excellence awards
Legal Name will be used (where required by law or with partner institutions)
- Financial aid documents and forms
- Student accounts and billing notices
- Clinical Placements
- 1098-T, 1099, and W-2 tax forms
- Applications for employment and civil service testing materials
- Employment, payroll records and benefits documents
- Responses to enrollment and degree verification requests
- Student health records
- Requisitions, direct payment vouchers, and travel documents
- Background check
Legal Name and Preferred Name will be used
- Discipline records
Questions about this procedure may be referred to the Registrar.