Tobacco use, including cigarettes, cigars, pipes & smokeless tobacco is prohibited. The use of e-cigarettes is also prohibited. Smoking is defined as the burning or inhaling of tobacco or other matter that can be smoked or inhaled, or the inhaling of smoke or vapor from an electronic smoking device.
The use of tobacco products, which includes smokeless and smoking tobaccos, is prohibited:
- In all areas within Kirkwood Community College buildings.
- On all property owned, leased, or occupied by Kirkwood Community College.
- In all vehicles owned, leased, or rented by the school.
This procedure applies to all employees, students, partners and visitors. All persons in non-compliance of the Smoke Free Air Act will be considered in violation and subject to disciplinary action.
- No tobacco products shall be sold or distributed on Kirkwood Community College property.
- Campus organizations are prohibited from accepting money or gifts from tobacco companies that promote use of their products.
- Tobacco advertisements are prohibited in college-run publications and at any athletic or other campus events.
- Signs stating that the entire campus is tobacco free are prominently posted at all campus and building entrances and other conspicuous places.
- All Kirkwood Community College employees are authorized and encouraged to communicate and reinforce this procedure with courtesy and diplomacy to any person whom they see violating the procedure. Individuals who refuse to comply with the procedure should then be reported to Security.