Transfer of Credit from Other Institutions

When examining transcripts from other colleges, Kirkwood may accept the credit given to a student who has done successful work at another college provided our evaluation determines that the work was from an institutional accreditor recognized by the United States Department of Education.

Grades of "F" (or any other failing grades) for transfer students will be ignored in the computation of cumulative and transfer grade point averages.

Grades corresponding to "D-" or better will be accepted for transfer into Arts and Sciences programs and will be accepted toward fulfilling general education requirements for Applied Science programs. Higher grades may be required for some program courses.